Every once in awhile, I think of things that bug me and I have always thought that I should start a list. Here we go, in no particular order.
Things that annoy me:
1. People who don't push their chairs in after they get up from a table. I don't know why this bugs me, but it does. I have pushed chairs back in in the staff lounge before.
2. When people don't put a comma after a city and before the state when addressing an envelope (or in context, when writing).
3. When people say "drownded" instead of "drowned".
4. People who clip their fingernails in public. Ew!
5. Adults who constantly type like they're ten years old (i.e., "cant wait 2 B wit mah man"). This is prevalent on Facebook (thankfully, not amongst my friends, but I see comments from friends of friends on their statuses).
6. When people walk extremely slow and walk right down the middle of the aisle in the store. Move over!
7. People who lick their fingers to separate paper before handing it out.
8. people who dont use any punctuation whatsoever and seem to have no clue how and when to capitalize
9. People who complain all the time about pregnancy or their children. Be happy you're blessed!
10. People who ask you questions and then start doing something else and don't pay attention, or they start talking again -- MIL does this all the time!
11. People who turn from the driving lane or who don't move over to the side of the road before turning.
12. People who throw cigarette butts out their car windows.
13. When people talk to me with really dark sunglasses on -- I am an "eye contact" person and I have no idea where to look, so my eyes go back and forth. It drives me ntus!
14. People who mumble.
15. People with weak, soggy handshakes (this happens in my line of work, HR -- I do a lot of handshaking before and after interviews).
16. Cashiers who give you the bills first and then the change on top of the bills.
17. When the waitstaff come to your table and ask you how the food is after you have just taken a huge bite (I hate talking with food in my mouth).
18. Stuff on my hands with no sink in sight.
19. Young kids with cell phone addictions.
20. Pyramid schemes and the idiots who try to sell them.
21. Strong perfumes! This is a biggie for me -- it causes me to get bad headaches and I hate having to take pills because of someone else's seeminly unawareness of threshhold.
22. Cheap junk my MIL gives us from thrift shops (but it was only $.25)!
23. People who don't realize that "a lot" is two words.
24. People who unneccessarily use apostrophes (it's not "shirt's" when you're talking about more than one shirt -- the shirt doesn't own anything!).
25. People who are exceedingly wasteful.
26. People who say "preventative" when they really mean "preventive". "Preventive" is the verb and "preventative" is the noun.
27. People who don't understand the difference between "there", "their", and "they're".
28. People who describe someone as being "really good at computers".
29. I know someone (who shall remain nameless) who has cable internet but believes she must pay for AOL Broadband in order to get "e-mail service". She doesn't understand the free providers . . . worse yet, she is our "IT" person!
30. When you call the number on the new credit card and you get the human instead of the automated system. No, I don't want anything else!
31. When people stand by you and breathe really heavy, waiting for you to complete a task (a co-worker does this).
32. When you try on a shirt that is super cute, but the sleeves are a tad too short.
33. Ankle socks, unless they are being worn while working out.
34. Black shoes with brown pants or brown shoes with black pants.
I'm sure there are more, but this is all I can think of right now.