Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The final countdown!

I am one of those people who always needs something to look forward to. I keeps me going, so to speak, and prevents depression. There is always something exciting coming up that I can think about. Obviously, right now it's this watermelon I have growing in my belly. I'm down to 11 days until my due date. The not knowing makes me impatient -- will I go early, on time, or late? Really, in pregnancy, 40 weeks is just an estimate. Even if a woman goes to 42 weeks, she's really not "late". 40 is just the average. But I find myself wondering if every little contraction is going to be a big contraction, even though I know this information. I am just so excited to go through labor again and meet my little one, and find out of it's a little miss or mister. I am not "hoping" for either gender (I get asked that a lot). I only care about a healthy baby. So wish me luck as I get through the last week-and-a-half (or more) of this final pregnancy!

Also, there is a lot going on right now. Andrew turns 4 one week from today (I have his presents all picked out but they're not wrapped yet), I am working on night weaning Elise (not going so well), and pre-school for Andrew starts September 6th (at least I have most of his school supplies purchased). All of this on top of working full-time keeps me busy and distracted.

No comments: