I will say, that there are some good things to focus on. As an idealist with realist tendencies, I tend to focus on the good. Here we go.
- I am healthy and happy, as are my children.
- It's 2012, and it's a new year with new things to look forward to (uh, spring?).
- I love my job and am happy to be happily employed. I've been here 7 years and it's TRULY a great place to work. My boss even came to "rescue" me yesterday after my son locked both sets of keys in my car on lunch yesterday.
- I have lost all of my postpartum weight and then some (new goal: focus on toning up some AND working out more often so I have more energy). Breastfeeding rawks, especially when you are tandem nursing and burning twice the calories.
- My W-2 is in my hands as of yesterday, so that means tax time (which means GOOD things for poor folks like me who support a family of 5 on a not-so-high income).
- I have been on a cleaning spurt, so my housework at home doesn't seem so bad. I cleaned my oldest's room yesterday and it no longer looks like tornado alley. THEN, I put together his train table and had fun putting on all the stickers as Andrew watched in anticipation. Thank you, Mom, for the coolest gift ever!
- Winter is finally upon us, and while it means that the above-average temps we've had the past few weeks are probably gone for good, the snow is pretty and this is what Wisconsin is supposed to be like, so I can just suck it up and deal with it. And I have mad winter driving skills so am prepared to take on Mother Nature like a ninja. Fucking A! ;)
I hope 2012 finds you healthy. Keep things in perspective. If you feel down, always take a moment to redirect yourself because the sun is shining somewhere and it won't be long before it's shining on you.