Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sensitive.

I've been "blessed" with a personality that is very outgoing. I smile a lot. I enjoy talking and will talk to just about anyone. I make friends easily. This really helps me in my career of choice (Human Resources) because interviewing people and orientating people comes very natural to me and I feel I am able to make people feel at ease. I can talk to people on the phone and help them out, and then if they stop in to ask about a position, they see that it's a great and friendly place to work. I really love my job.

The other part of my personality which I have decided is more of a curse than a blessing is the fact that I am sensitive. I feel like I'm crazy sometimes. I never know how to read sarcasm. I don't do well in situations where I have to assess if people are liking me or not liking me. I have this issue where I want to be liked by everyone but deep down I know that's not possible. Someone is not going to like me for whatever reason. Yet, I take it all personal. I am constantly questioning whether friends like me or if they really just like me to my face and talk about me behind my back. It drives me nuts. I wish I could just not care and move on but I have a tender heart so of course I worry about it. I don't approach anyone about it because I don't want to make an issue out of nothing, if there is no issue.

Ah! Why can't people just be open and not snarky? I'd rather have the truth.


Also, I think Facebook has really fucked up my self-worth. I feel like me and being me is not good enough for anyone but my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could have written most of that... You are not alone. I feel the same way.

Birdee said...

Me too. i genuinely like you <3