Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 12, 2009

Let this week go by fast!

Friday at 8:30 a.m. I go in for my first appointment with my midwife. I've met her before because my doctor was on vacation last time around when I was pregnant with Andrew, so I was put with the midwife for one of my check-ups. She was really nice and really thorough--a huge difference from my doctor (whom I adore, but he would go really fast through the appointment and never tell me what the beats per minute were for the baby, which I really wanted to know). This midwife sat down with me and really did a thorough job, so that's why the choice was easy this time around.

Anyway, we'll get to hear the heartbeat--hopefully. I need some good vibes--I'm a little nervous, as this is my first "real" confirmation since my HPTs.

In other news, we leave the very next day for Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. We are flying, all three of us. We have a hotel booked in Hollywood, FL which is pretty near Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel is on the beach, so hopefully the weather is nice. We will be there for 3 nights, then we're heading further south to the Keys for a few days, then back up to Ft. Lauderdale area. We'll be there from Saturday the 17th through Sunday the 24th. Right now the forecast is calling for cooler than normal temps, so my hubby is watching the weather models like a hawk. Cooler than normal is upper 60s and 70s for that area, which will still be nice than the weather here. We are predicted to barely make it above zero this week. Ay-carumba!

No comments: