Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pics of Miss Fluffybum!

My husband finally got the new hot water heater hooked up (our old one was only 20 gallons and I told him it would not suffice for washing cloth diapers because the thing was tiny) so we now have a 50 gallon hot water heater (we even pump out all of our gray water and he waters his garden with it).

Anyway, I was getting very impatient because I ordered these diapers probably 6 weeks before Miss Elise was born and I finally got to put them on her!

These are the Knickernappies one size diapers. I was drawn to them because they are snap diapers and I wanted something different than aplix, which can wear out over time. I love these diapers because of all the different sizing options. There are four rise settings and a ton of snap options for the sides (you can set the lower snap at one size and the upper snap at another, for example). These diapers will really grow with her and the colors are so pretty (we have 24 of them in raspberry, violet, butter (yellow), turquoise, and chocolate). They have even more colors available, too, but I went with colors that I thought would look well on a girl (with Andrew, we used BumGenius one size and we only had pale blue and pale green -- boring!). Another thing I like about these diapers is the fact that they snap on the sides, which leaves the front smooth. I haven't had a problem getting pants over these, and Elise is in the smallest rise right now (she's about 12 1/2 lbs.). They fit her well, and Knickernappies is true to their claim: no red marks. None of those velcro scratches that we experienced when Andrew was in cloth, either.

Look how cute these are on her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jen said...

Love, love, love the litte rolls on her back, arms, and legs. I just want to give her a little squeeze! She is adorable.

Birdee said...

What a gorgous diaper on such a gorgeous Baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, the CUTEST little fluff! She is so squeezable, with those lovely baby rolls. :-) So sweet!

Musical Daddy said...

How beautiful... what a good-looking young lady!

Emily said...

Look at that chubby little lady! Oh my goodness, flashbacks of Alice as a baby. So cuuuuute!! <3 <3 <3

Molly said...

so cute and so roly!!! I love snaps over aplix too, now. Particularly since now a lot of the snap dipes allow overlapping as the aplix did. I sent my 2-year-old BumGenius diapers to a friend in Canada who is willing to do some stitching.

Two inexpensive brands, both snap and both one size, if you're looking to add to the stash: SmartiPants, and HuggaBuns.

Sarah said...

Thank you, everyone!

Mol: my stash is complete, I think. I have 24 of these and I like them! It's also easier (for me) to just stick with one brand. It makes stuffing them much easier and I am OCD and like things to match.

Knickernappies said...

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing. And don't forget we're having a FB Fan Photo Contest on our FB Fan Page. You should enter one of the pics! :)