Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Not complaining, but..

I have had a lot more headaches this pregnancy than I did with Andrew (I think I maybe had one or two with him). The past 2 weeks, I have probably had a headache 5 out of 7 days a week. I had the nurse at my work check my BP, and it was fine (105/69, which is normal for me). I have no clue, so I'll just say it's the hormones!

I used to get migraines ALL THE TIME, starting in 2nd grade. In college, I kept a headache log and realized that in a month, I was getting 20-25 headaches. I was finally diagnosed with migraines at age 19 or 20, and went through some prescription trials. What finally worked for me was Topamax daily (an anti-seizure medication) and then Imitrex 100mg on the onset of the migraine.

Then, when we got married in 2006 and started trying for a baby, I went off all medications, including the birth control pill. My headaches magically disappeared. Eight freaking years on the pill and I think that was the culprit (but it doesn't explain my childhood headaches, which I think were stress-related).

Anyway, these headaches I have now are very mild compared to the ones I used to have where I begged DH to just kill me (thanks for not listening, honey!).

On a positive note, I have been feeling more movement here and there. It's about 3 weeks earlier than I felt it with Andrew, so yay!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yuck! I used to get migranes in college a few times a month. I think stress brought them on. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with headaches on top of being pregnant. That doesn't sound like much fun.

It's ok if you want to complain...we all do it. ;)

Have a great Labor Day!

Jen said...

Yuck! I used to get migranes in college a few times a month. I think stress brought them on. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with headaches on top of being pregnant. That doesn't sound like much fun.

It's ok if you want to complain...we all do it. ;)

Have a great Labor Day!

Sarah said...

I got migraines ALL the time too, and after I went off the pill the migraines magicially disappeared too. interesting, huh?

The last week I have had more headaches then ever this whole pregnancy (or the last). I do the chug the water and drink some caffiene thing- which usually works and it doesnt! But I made a switch to Tylonol Rapid Release and have noticed a difference. (you know, we get SO many drugs to choose from while PG!) hope you feel better!