I've been tagged by Julie/Jewels and now I get to bore you with 7 random facts about me!
7 random facts about me:
1. I can swallow my tongue and touch my nose with it. I don't have the connector thingy under my tongue (and no, I never had it surgically cut). My tongue is extremely long and maybe someday I will be brave enough to share a pic of it! Think KISS.
2. I have a calendar in my head. Like, if you say a date--take today's date for instance, September 25th--there is a certain location on the calendar. September is located at about the 5 if you're looking at a clock. The calendar is circular. December is on top, at the 12, and June is on the bottom at the 6. The calendar in my head is more oval than round. It is very hard to explain.
3. I don't talk to my dad because he is an abusive psycho. He beat the living daylights out of my mom and us kids. He also verbally abused us and that is much worse. My great-grandpa murdered his wife and then shot himself. It was 1939. I am proud of my mom for breaking the cycle of abuse (it's now been 7 years since she filed for divorce). My husband's father passed away when my hubby was 11. He died of cancer. I am sad that I never got to meet him because he was a great guy. This is why I question God. How is it fair that we lose a good guy and my dad still walks the earth? I am sad that Andrew will never have a grandpa. The only hope is if my mom someday remarries!
4. I have a hard time talking to people when they're wearing dark sunglasses. I don't know where to look when I can't see their eyes. It freaks me out!
5. When I was 18, I had bell's palsy. It's a temporary condition that causes facial paralysis. The left side of my face was paralyzed and it was very strange. I couldn't taste anything on that side, or wink, raise that eyebrow; and my smile was missing on that side. Luckily, since I was a young pup, it completely healed. I pushed and pushed myself to get better because I was preparing for solo & ensemble (I play the flute). I would practice with just my fingers on the keys because I could no longer form my embrochure (to play the flute, one must make an "o" shape with her mouth and I could not do that). One day, I was in the practice room getting so frustrated and my band instructor came and talked to me and told me it would be okay. I actually ended up making it to solo & ensemble; albeit a week late. I received a "1*" on my flute solo, and then went on to State and received a "1" on my solo. :) I also received the Benton Fowler Memorial Scholarship for band--an award given to one senior. It really helped me out because I was footing my own college bill.
6. I am obsessive about having clean hands. If I have someting on them, even if it's a dot of ink from a pen, I must go wash my hands.
7. I wish I were beautiful. Sometimes I feel like I am so boring. I am jealous of beautiful women. I would like to be beautiful for just a day... EDIT: Okay, so I'll clarify this a little. I know I'm not totally butt, but my mom is like, drop-dead gorgeous. She could be a model. Sometimes I feel like the ugly duckling and I hate that I look more like my dad. I wish I had gotten more of her genes because sometimes when I look in the mirror, I can see my dad in me and it bugs me. Does that make sense? I even tried having long hair like my mom and I still didn't look like her. I am constantly trying to think of things I could do to look better--new hairstyles, etc. I still feel just average. Average is okay, though. KWIM? This is where I am coming from.
Now I am tagging 7 other fellow bloggers, so you must do the same (okay, so I only know 6 bloggers besides Jewels and I don't want to re-tag her)!