Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been awhile: this is what's new with Andrew!

Okay, so this is a horrible pic of me (my face really isn't puffy, but I was half-blinking when the self-timer went off) but Andrew looks cute!

This is Andrew with his favorite toy -- the Leapfrog Alphapet Explorer!

Here he is looking punk in Daddy's hat. :) Don't mind the Packers outfit -- we actually don't like football in our house, but my family is full of Packer fans who think they need to adorn my son in green and gold!

And last, a pic of my beautiful boy.

So what's new with us? We've been working on potty training! Andrew will now either tell us when he has to go or we put him on the toilet and he goes. Saturday was a milestone for me because he went pee for me for the first time (and succeeded to go three more times). Before, he would freak and say, "down! down!" and would not stay on the seat. We do diaper-free nakeybottoms in our house because we have no carpeting, so if an accident should happen, it's easy to clean up. He only went once in the house this weekend and that was yesterday when he decided to pee in his room. He did come out and tell me, though, so that's good. We want to get him good in the current set-up and then hopefully be able to put him down for naps and eventually bedtime without a diaper (urgh, this part scares me because it seems like it's going to be hard to do. Right now, his morning diaper is SOGGY).

We've also been watching the Olympics as a family and have become quite addicted. This is good because it keeps my mind from wandering to the inevitable -- when will Baby arrive?

6 comments:

Patty said...

YAY! Sounds like he's doing really well! And don't even worry about the nighttime part - it's not even something you can teach. As he gets the daytime part down, his bladder will eventually be better able to handle either holding it all night, or he'll wake up to go. Just take your time with that part, and don't push it.

And Stephen would LOVE that Leapfrog toy! He loves anything having to do with letters...

Sarah said...

Thank you! And thanks for the advice on the night-time training. I worry about everything being perfect, and sometimes I just need to go with the flow more, no pun intended! ;)

Unknown said...

he is adorable and you look fabulous!

Cassie Channell said...

We are working on potty training here too!! And Wyatt LOOOOVES that toy. He got it for Christmas and carries it everywhere. We take it every time we leave in the car so he has something to do...

nancy said...

He's such a big boy now. Wow! Beautiful pictures momma!

Birdee said...

Oh I know, I'm so excited for your single digit countdown, how do you plan to announce your having your baby? Will you post when your in labor or after she's here?

Those are adorable pictures of Andrew, but then again, does he take a bad picture? He is seriously so cute! I love that look on his face in the b/w pic. Reminds me of my son when he was little.