Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Product LOVE!!

I don't do these very often, but the other day, I was just about out of my mineral make-up (which, anyone who knows me, knows that I love mineral makeup and have been using it 5 years now, singing its praise) so I combed the shelves at Walmart, looking for something I could use in the interim until I could place another Everyday Minerals order online. I wasn't patient enough to wait and I certainly can't go out in public with NOTHING on my face, yet I like the natural look of mineral make-up.

After about five minutes of reading ingredient labels on the back of a few products (I need paraben-free first and foremost, and as natural as possible), I found this: Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer.


At first I was a little leery: would a tinted moisturizer provide enough coverage to be sufficient? I used to have pretty bad skin (my teen years, I tried everything over the shelf and everything prescription-wise, including the dreaded Accutane, which I did 2 rounds of), but now it's not too bad, but what I like is an even look to the skin. So I bit the bullet (about $10) and figured for that price, it was worth a try.

Verdict: I applied it the next day (I actually used it over my regular moisturizer after I let it dry) and wow!! GREAT coverage! Not heavy at all and it gave my skin a natural look with a bit of a glow. I used the "light to natural" shade and it's perfect for my "regular" shade, and will probably try the shade one darker (tan or something) for summer. It does have somewhat of a strong scent, but it's not terrible. It gives a slight tingling feeling just after you've applied it (kind-of like when you use a minty balm on your lips) -- the feeling doesn't linger or anything. I will be stocking up on this product because one bad thing about Walmart, at least around here: sometimes they will run out of something and it takes awhile to get back in, or sometimes they stop carrying a product. Besides, I have this thing with stockpiling things I love. Don't be hatin! Sorry, Everyday Minerals, but I have found a better product! And I can buy it easily without having to wait 4 days for my order. And it's reasonably priced!

Here is the item description:

Certified organic by ECOCERT, Organics Wear guarantees the genuine practice of environmental respect through the formulation and manufacturing of this powder.
  • 100% natural ingredients
  • 100% free of harsh chemicals, parabens, GMOs, synthetic ingredients
  • Lightweight formula
  • Hydrates skin
  • Evens skin tone with sheer and natural coverage
  • Infused with organic water to nourish and restore skin's moisture balance
  • Contains SPF 15
  • Contains safflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil, avocado oil and shea butter
  • Formulated with EcoBlend to condition, fortify and protect skin from environmental purities
  • Organisoy helps even skin tone and texture to restore skin smoothness
  • Contains eco-olive, a natural antioxidant that shields skin
  • Naturally perfects and protects

PS, I did this review on my own accord, and only because I love this product so much. Nobody paid me to say this, which goes to show how I feel on this stuff. I give it five stars. :)

PPS, I just have to say, five years ago, it was IMPOSSIBLE to find paraben-free/natural products in stores. I know because I read every single label of every single foundation and powder out there and they ALL contained parabens. Parabens are estrogenizers and anything you put on your skin leeches into your bloodstream. You don't want to be putting estrogenziers on your face every day -- it's just bad. So that's when I turned to the internet and after tons of research, decided on Everyday Minerals. Which is a great product line, but I think the coverage with this OrganicWear, even being a tinted moisturizer and not a foundation, is even BETTER!

This is not the best pic because it's not like it's close-up, but I am wearing the tinted moisturizer here. Accessory not included. ;)

No comments: