Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend craziness . . .

I sometimes feel guilty that I feel more "relaxed" when it's the work week. Sure, I can lay in bed (slightly -- very slightly) longer on the weekends, as I don't have to rush to get ready for work, but other than that, weekends can be very rough. I love spending the time with my kids, but I feel like they act up more because I am around, and I know that's all part of the deal but the days can be long. I made sure we got lots of time, then, this weekend to burn off some of that energy. Friday evening I took them to the family fun center at the Y and they had a blast. Both yesterday and today, we took hikes because we finally got up to 60 degrees (today hit 62, yesterday it wasn't quite that high, but the wind wasn't as bad). We celebrated my mom's birthday (which was actually Friday) tonight at her house and I was happy all four of my siblings could make it (it's hard with work schedules and the like).

All in all, it was a good weekend, but Monday is sounding refreshing. I really do need to focus on all the good but the stress part of me takes over and it's a struggle.

1 comment:

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi Sarah! My wife and I just got done checking out your blog and had a quick question. I was hoping you could email me when you get the chance. Thanks! - Cam