Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween costume decided.

DISCLAIMER: I, Sarah from Wisconsin, am a huge dork. Big time. I will understand if I lose blog followers after this escapade . . .

I was sitting at my desk at work today, thinking of what I could dress up as, when around 1:00, the idea hit me. Why not dress up as Julia Child? After all, I can't cook to save my life. It takes me a long time to process a recipe. I enjoy watching cooking shows, if only to admire the cooks themselves. Anyway, I stopped by Goodwill after work and found a navy blue dress for next to nothing, along with those kickin' granny shoes. I got the apron at Walmart. Those bad boy cooking tools, which I have never used (I'm scared of mixers, blenders, and any other cooking tool that steams, fries, or sizzles -- I also refuse to "cook" anything that requires measuring, cutting, or prepping), were available in my kitchen.

The best thing is, the residents will know who Julia Child is! She is of their generation. So there you have it, a ghetto Wisconsin version of JC herself. ;)

(And because Julia liked "the sauce", I had to get a pic with the good stuff . . .)
Photobucket

P.S., I hope Julia isn't rolling in her grave over this -- may she rest in peace.

2 comments:

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

lol Sarah, you are too cute, I love it!!

Shannon said...

That's a great idea!! Maybe you should throw a little flour in your hair? :)