Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 8, 2009

All in a good night's sleep?

Yesterday was an odd day for us; namely, because Andrew took a three hour power nap from 3:00 - 6:00. I decided to take a nap of my own, so I retired to my bed at 4:00, waking up when Andrew woke up. Because this nap of his was so long, I figured he wouldn't be tired at his usual bedtime (9:00/9:30), so I waited until 10:00 to put him down. It was roughly 12:00 a.m. when he woke, so at that point I just brought him in by me. (He goes down like an angel the first time of the night, when I put him in his crib awake, but that's about it, for now).

So, he came in by me. It was thundering and lightninging (is that even a word?--well, whatever) all night long, but we both slept pretty good.

A side note: he laughs in his sleep. Quite often. Last night was no exception--about two minutes after he fell back asleep, he was laughing, yet I know he was sleeping. What a weirdo. I wonder what he was dreaming about!

This morning, Andrew decided it was time to wake up for the day at 5:30 a.m. (his usual waking time is anywhere from 7:15 - 8:30 a.m.). I tried feeding him to see if I could get him back into a milk coma, but he was geared up and ready to go.

My alarm doesn't go off until 6:30 a.m. and I was trying to doze while this cute little boy was climbing all over me. I'd look at him and he'd smile. It was the sweetest thing. This went on for an hour! He is such a well-behaved boy--I'm so lucky that he doesn't get upset when I want to continue to sleep. I love when he puts his whole body over mine, perpendicular. He loves lying on his mama. Finally, I got up at 6:28, turned the alarm off before it would go off, and stumbled my way to the bathroom, all the while with my blonde cutie following.

Life is good...

No comments: