Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

Yes, it's real, and it's SPECTACULAR! ;) *wink, wink if you know what that is referring to.



I took a picture of our tree in all its glory. Last night I added one more strand of lights so I was able to move the other ones a little bit closer, but I didn't take a new pic. Oh well. It's our first Christmas tree! Andrew is at the age now where he is excited about Christmas lights, Frosty the Snowman, and snow.

Speaking of snow, we are currently in a blizzard warning. Twelve to Fifteen inches of the white stuff is possible. The worst is supposed to come tonight and tomorrow, and then it is going to be really cold with blowing snow causing whiteouts. I love snow, but I will be taking it easy on my way into work tomorrow.

Stay warm!

6 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Such a beautiful tree Sarah! We didn't put one up this year but we will next year for sure because he will be old enough to really enjoy it! The reason we didn't put one up this year is because Mason gets into EVERYTHING now and I can just broken ornaments everywhere! lol!

Sarah said...

is it a real tree? I am so curious if you guys cut down a real tree! (no criticism, I am a hort girl and my opinion is that x-mas trees are grown in close little rows for the purpose of being cut down- so I am all for real xmas trees and helping thier industry as long as you buy local!!!!)

My boss was the same as you're, but I stuck to my guns and said no, I will be busy. And if I happen to have free time (which i had none last time!) I intend to use it doing something I want to do.

Sarah said...

Sarah, yes it is real! I will NOT do a fake tree because they are coated in toxic flame retardant AND it's just Chinese plastic junk.

We cut our tree down from a local place called "The Christmas Farm". Here is a link: http://www.thechristmasfarm.net/ It's a cool place! :) It makes me feel better that they are always planting more and so it's just a wonderful thing to do.

Sarah said...

I was just gonna say, I am a dork, and now I see the ITS REAL PART. LOL

That looks fabulous! We have a favorite local place we like to go to. I can get a free one (real) at work each year but I choose not to so we can go experience the cutting of a tree as a family event instead. I cant wait to get our tree! maybe this weekend!

Molly said...

That would be Teri Hatcher on Seinfeld, answering the question about her boobies.

Sarah said...

Ding, ding, ding! And Mol comes in with the win. :)