Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 28, 2008

The Awesomeness of Manheim Steamroller...

I love Manheim Steamroller. I'm also a fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. For those of you who haven't had the joy of listening to either of the aforementioned groups, they perform primarily instrumental Christmas music. It's been a tradition in my family to blast Manheim Steamroller CDs while decorating the Christmas Tree and opening Christmas presents. Well, my mom pretty much plays the music from here on out until Christmas, and she really gets moving when she cleans the house (she has those volume knobs in every room, and there are speakers throughout the house. I wish I had that too).

Anyway, I have 4 of the Manheim CDs. I have one bootleg TSO CD someplace, but I'm thinking it skips. I need to get some more TSO to play.

I was driving into work this morning to the tune of "Fum, Fum, Fum" (Manheim) and I mean, JAMMING. I had it cranked, my Focus was probably visibly bumping from an onlooker's view. I LOVE that song! I also love "Oh, Holy Night". It is the song that I used to perform on flute every year back in my church-going days (I was a member of the church choir for quite awhile, which was pretty much the only reason why I attended church--my love of music). That song still makes my mom cry when I play it for her (I just might this year, since I didn't last year). I also love TSO's "Christmas Canon"--seriously who would have thought to turn Pachelbel's Canon in D (an awesomely beautiful song) into a Christmas song. It's so beautiful, you will feel like crying. I also love "Carol of the Bells", one of my all-time favorites.

Or maybe I'm just a dork. You all need to listen to this music so you can see what I'm talking about! I can't wait to run errands for work so I can get back into my car (my commute is only 6-7 minutes, so that doesn't leave me much time to jam)!

1 comment:

nancy said...

What's really funny is the comment I was about to leave - accusing you of being a dork. And then you mentioned it youself. Here is the proof:

"[we] blast Manheim Steamroller CDs"

and

"... JAMMING. I had it cranked".

All those groups remind me of is bad early 80s movies like risky business. (even though I don't think either group was on the soundtrack. It just reminds me of it though.)