Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Success!

Andrew took a bottle for Daddy yesterday. This is awesome!!! I mean, I know he took them in the past for him, but then he refused them for several weeks. I just thought we'd give it a try again. I told Daddy that around Andrew's 10:00 feeding, warm up a bottle and try and see if he'll take it. If he didn't take it, I could come home to feed him. This way there was no pressure on Daddy (like he has to give it and there's no other way Andrew will be fed).

I walked around with a smile on my face at work after I finished pumping. I got to wipe the dust of my Medela, so to speak!

This might not seem like a big deal to mothers whose babies take bottles no problem, but to us mothers in the "Bottle-refusing Boobie-loving Baby Club", it's a major breakthrough! My goal is to just come home once a day (on my lunch break) to feed Andrew. This way I'm not doing so much running and Andrew and I get a little bonding time during the workday, albeit about 12 minutes. I don't want to jinx myself though, so I'm going to try not to get too hopeful about it. We'll see how today's feeding goes.

Update: So, today the bottle didn't go so well. A couple of minutes in, he started crying and crying. I got a phone call at work and I could hear the little dragon wailing in the background. I came home to feed him. Tomorrow is a new day and Daddy will try again with the bottle. Hopefully we'll have a repeat of Tuesday!

No comments: