Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 20, 2009

Do you do the cooking?

I don't. My hubby loves to cook, so I let him. I'm sure I would cook if I had to, but I am usually so tired when I get home from work. I don't know how someone can work all day and go home and prepare a fancy meal! I give you props if you do!

I have never had a desire to cook or bake. When growing up, my sister loved to help my mom out and I was always reading or drawing instead. I guess I'm just not a "hands-on" kind of girl, and never have been. It's different with parenting; I love doing everything and am somewhat of a control freak. When I'm home, DH doesn't change diapers or clean Andrew up after he eats--I would much prefer to do that.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love to cook. But, you're right, I don't see how anyone could work all day and then come home and make up something fancy. I would never be able to. When I used to work in Kansas, we lived on Taco Bell.

Now that I am home I cook almost every night. Tim is an excellent cook though! He cooked dinner for me on our first two dates. :)

Sarah said...

It has changed since we had kids. Before I did all the cooking and baking, well, 75% of it. He did a little.

Now that we have B, he tends to cook during the growing season (when I work way too much) and I cook in the winter months. However, these days DH is building his garage, and nothing else gets taked care of by him. so we eat chick. nuggets alot. Or spagetti... easy stuff.

Shannon said...

Oooohhh, a husband that cooks would be so nice!! Mine does no cooking. (well a little grilling in the summer). Good thing I usually enjoy cooking. Hope you guys are filling better too!
Shannon

Musical Daddy said...

I do no cooking, with the exception of breakfast for myself and The Boy. But, except when I'm doing Master's degree work, I do around 80% of the housework, so it rounds out nicely.