Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Excited, nervous, and scared shitless!

I have my 9 week ultrasound today (although I'm not 9 weeks tomorrow). I am begging my body not to fail me! Last time I went in, with the last pregnancy, all I saw on the screen was an eight-week fetus with no heartbeat. It was so hard to see, because I was expecting a lively 12 week baby.

I am praying that when I get there, everything goes well. I can't wait to see that little flicker on the screen, and I think I'm going to have a heart attack while waiting in anticipation. Hopefully not. I don't think I can handle seeing another dead baby.

This swine flu I have is quite annoying. I'm brining water and cough drops so that I'm not hacking away through the whole thing. This poor baby probably already has shaken baby syndrome just from bouncing around all day with my coughs and sneezes.

I will update when I get back to work after my appointment. I have to meet with the nurse for my first OB appointment (the one that lasts over an hour where you answer 9,082 questions about your family's medical history), and then I think I will have bloodwork drawn.

I should be back to work around noon, Central time.

Please think good thoughts for me!

2 comments:

Birdee said...

You’re definitely in my thoughts and prayers today. I remember my u/s (even with renting a Doppler and hearing the h/b daily) I was a wreck, it only takes a few minutes for the heart to stop beating, so hearing a beat in the morning and waiting for a u/s at noon, it was crazy emotions.
GL hunny, I pray everything is perfect.

Rachel said...

I will be thinking of you all day!